error submitting ticket

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:32 PM

hi

i notice that after ungrading my system that am having the following error whenever i submit a ticket

Ticket Submitted

Your ticket has been successfully submitted;
error sending email

Failure sending mail.

Your ticket number is 268; it will also be accessible through my issues.

this appear to be a problem with sending mail, how can i fix that?

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Run it in debug mode and catch the error

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:45 AM

how do i run debug mode

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Edited Apr 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Have you got a copy of Visual Studio?  If not, get a copy of the Express Web edition: http://www.microsoft.com/express/Web/

Have you used Visual Studio (or similar) before?

EDIT:

If you want to customise SlickTicket further, you might also want to download SQL 2008 Express with Advanced Services.

Also, what did you upgrade: code, hardware?

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:44 PM

no i never used visual studio before and i upgrade the hardware and windows

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:10 AM

How did you upgrade Windows?  Did you do an inplace upgrade or a new install?

What did you upgrade from and to?  IE Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2.

Have you checked the mail settings under Admin/Settings.aspx?

To run it in debugger you'll need to download and install a version of Visual Studio (Web Express should do). 

Then you use Visual Studio to open the Web Site, this opens SlickTicket in an editing view, and when you Debug it and replicate the situation that gives you an error.  Hopefully it will throw an error and give you a better reference point for help.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are considering doing this I would recommend making a local copy of your website (copy the SlickTicket folder and paste it on a local drive to your workstation).  I would also advise that you make a local copy of the database.  To do this you'll need SQL 2005 or 2008 installed on your local workstation, the Express Edition should be fine.  Once that's installed you should create a new database named "SlickTicket", back up the server version, and restore it over your local version.  This way you don't accidentially make changes to your live web site.

With all that said, I'd check the settings page.