Language in ticket creation

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM

After I create a new ticket, SlickTicket displays the following awkward message:

Your ticket number is 23; it will also be accessible through .

Any idea as to why the rest of the sentence isn't being completed?

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:45 AM

what version? Is this still a problem?

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Yes, unfortunately, it is still doing this. I have two different installations, one IIS 6 on Windows 2003 R2; the other IIS 7 on Windows 2008 R2.

I'm not sure of the version. (How do I find out?) It was downloaded on February 27.

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM
I noticed it in a version titled "Slick-Ticket v2.0 - 2009", I think it was 28536

It's dead easy to fix, even I can do it :)  (PLEASE NOTE: I've taken the line numbers from an un-edited extraction of 28536)

If you look in the "new_ticket.aspx" file in the SlickTicket root the "problem" is in line 130:

<a class="bold" href="my_issues.aspx"></a>.

Change it to:

<a class="bold" href="my_issues.aspx">my issues</a>.

The following things aren't directly related, but you might find them useful:

Also, if you're having emails sent out it might be a good idea to make the following changes in "new_ticket.aspx.cs" as well:

Line 57:

string body = GetLocalResourceObject("ANew").ToString() + ddlPriority.SelectedItem.Text

Change to:

string body = GetLocalResourceObject("ANew").ToString() + " " + ddlPriority.SelectedItem.Text.ToLower()

This adds a space (+ " " +) and has the status written in lower case, so instead of "A newLow" you get "A new low".

If you're using Virtual Directories you might need to make a further change in "ticket.aspx.cs" to "fix" the URLs in the emails:

Line 206:

body = submitterName + " (" + fromGroup + ") " + GetLocalResourceObject("HasClosed").ToString() +" " + id + ": " + title + ".   " + GetLocalResourceObject("ReOpen").ToString() + "\n\n" + rootUrl + "/ticket.aspx?ticketID=" + id;

Change to:

body = submitterName + " (" + fromGroup + ") " + GetLocalResourceObject("HasClosed").ToString() + " " + id + ": " + title + ".   " + GetLocalResourceObject("ReOpen").ToString() + "\n\n" + Request.Url.OriginalString;

Line 213:

body += "\n\n" + GetLocalResourceObject("ViewIt").ToString() + ":\nhttp://" + rootUrl + "/ticket.aspx?ticketID=" + id;

Change to:

body += "\n\n" + GetLocalResourceObject("ViewIt").ToString() + ":\nhttp://" + Request.Url.OriginalString;

*EDIT*
Alternatively you could amend the variable "rootUrl" in line 201

I can't seem to find an easier way to solve this issue, as in fixing it simply by editing the rootUrl variable and not editing lines 206 & 213 as well, but that could just be my lack of experience. 

*END EDIT*

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Thank you!

For anyone....how do we go about getting these fixes included in the current version?

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:13:09 -0700
Subject: Re: Language in ticket creation [slickticket:204856]

I noticed it in a version titled "Slick-Ticket v2.0 - 2009", I think it was 28536
It's dead easy to fix, even I can do it :) (PLEASE NOTE: I've taken the line numbers from an un-edited extraction of 28536)
If you look in the "new_ticket.aspx" file in the SlickTicket root the "problem" is in line 130:
<a class="bold" href="my_issues.aspx"></a>.
Change it to:
<a class="bold" href="my_issues.aspx">my issues</a>.
The following things aren't directly related, but you might find them useful:

Also, if you're having emails sent out it might be a good idea to make the following changes in "new_ticket.aspx.cs" as well:
Line 57:
string body = GetLocalResourceObject("ANew").ToString() + ddlPriority.SelectedItem.Text
Change to:
string body = GetLocalResourceObject("ANew").ToString() + " " + ddlPriority.SelectedItem.Text.ToLower()
This adds a space (+ " " +) and has the status written in lower case, so instead of "A newLow" you get "A new low".

If you're using Virtual Directories you might need to make a further change in "ticket.aspx.cs" to "fix" the URLs in the emails:
Line 206:
body = submitterName + " (" + fromGroup + ") " + GetLocalResourceObject("HasClosed").ToString() +" " + id + ": " + title + ".   " + GetLocalResourceObject("ReOpen").ToString() + "\n\n" + rootUrl + "/ticket.aspx?ticketID=" + id;
Change to:
body = submitterName + " (" + fromGroup + ") " + GetLocalResourceObject("HasClosed").ToString() + " " + id + ": " + title + ".   " + GetLocalResourceObject("ReOpen").ToString() + "\n\n" + Request.Url.OriginalString;
Line 213:
body += "\n\n" + GetLocalResourceObject("ViewIt").ToString() + ":\nhttp://" + rootUrl + "/ticket.aspx?ticketID=" + id;
Change to:
body += "\n\n" + GetLocalResourceObject("ViewIt").ToString() + ":\nhttp://" + Request.Url.OriginalString;
Alternatively you could amend the variable "rootUrl" in line 201, but I'm not 100% sure what you would need to change it to.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. Sign up now.
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 5:56 AM

This is all updated in the newest source code checkins, but not in the release since this code hasn't been 100% tested as compatible.  Be sure to change it like this:

<a class="bold" href="my_issues.aspx"><%= Resources.Common.MyIssues %></a> 

And not hard-code it in so you are sure to keep the localization.

The newest source code can be seen here: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Keep in mind that releases are not updated nearly as often as the source.